Tuesday 19 November 2013

Blog the book

I feel like a proper writer now. I not only have a paperback, but I also have a blog.The big question. What the hell do you do with a blog. Now I could spend hours and hours trawling through other people's blogs to find the answer. Or I could just make it up as I go along. Now as the process of writing my book very much relied on the second option and I like making stuff up, I think that will be my route to blogging superstardom. That is not to say that I am a liar, it's not that kind of making up that I like. I like writing stories and poems. In fact the poems came first, but there was all that tricky rhyming. So I switched to prose, which I guess is just poetry without rhymes. And a bit longer. Unless of course you write poems that don't rhyme, which are… Just prose anyway but with different line spacing. Sorry I got confused then, it's just as well that I don't write poems like that, my poems are quite clearly poems. Actually I don't really write poem much these days, but I might need to because I'm going to publish some in an anthology called The Ramblings of a middle aged romantic.

I got slightly off-track, this blog has got slightly off-track. But without even knowing or really intending I've made a point about something, not the something I intended, but about poems. So after all maybe I have got the hang of this blogging. Write a lot, make a point, or sometimes two, go to bed. Job done. Except the going to bed bit. I'm going to do that now

No comments:

Post a Comment