Tuesday 11 March 2014

Greetings Cards with attitude

Its all getting very close now.

 
Greetings cards with attitude is almost ready to publish.
I've selected the 80 plus poems and by this weekend I should have it nice and ship shape.
Its actually been an interesting exercise. After the formatting of my novel Prisoners families dolls and judgements back in October I thought it would be quite straight forward but I wasn't allowing for the thorny issue of Orphaned lines which is the inevitable consequence of Poetry.
 
Anyway I've got to crack on but just wanted to give you a little taster of the type of things I write with a poem from the People and places section. It is simply called: The Careless Potter and I will try to rotate other samples on my website below
 
 
The Careless Potter

Rough cut clay, unshaped by man,
Waits in a slab, for turntable to turn.
The pedal depresses and your world,
takes a spin.
I should not have tried to, shape you.

The clean lines of, the wires cut.
Lost against fingers, and roughness of touch.
Ideas lacking, in true style or,
jurisdiction.
I should not have tried to, shape you

Beauty one moment, was sitting right there.
Its simplicity, clearly defined.
Then a palm placed, to harshly,
without any care.
I should not have tried to shape you.

The fight to, reclaim you now lost
The clay far to weary, all freshness had gone
I should have just watched while you,
So gently spun.
But I had to try and shape you.

So spin now and never slow down
Spin till the right hands, come passing your way.
Hands will surround and your,
form will appear.
But don’t ever let them shape you.

No comments:

Post a Comment