Sunday 23 March 2014

So with My poetry book almost ready for publication I thought I would post another sample to wet the appetite 
 Wrap my heart in cotton wool.
   Wrap my heart in cotton wool.
   Protect it from a crashing fall.
   Pad it heavily with doubt,
   To stop the love from spilling out.
   Slow it's beating to a crawl,
   So I can't feel the hurt at all.
   The butterfly’s that inside dwell,
   Their fluttering please try to quell.
   For every time I hear you speak,
   My legs and heart and brain go weak.
   Then the pain each time they break
   Is more than just one man can take.
   For love is love but heartbreak stay,
   no passing years can take away,
   The sense of loss when I'm alone.
   And I can't call you on the phone.
   So wrap my heart in woolen fleece
   To offer softness warmth and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment